Welcome To Our Wishlist Competition
Five winners in our Wishlist competition will receive 5 books from their Wishlist up to a total value of £100! To enter a chance to win, all you need to do is add 5 books to a new or existing Wishlist between 22 August and 2 September 2019.
To get some inspiration for your Wishlist click here
For more details on how to participate check out the terms and conditions below.
- No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The prize draw is run by Book Depository Limited whose registered office is situated at 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FA (the “Promoter”).
- Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions and any amendments to them, which are final and binding in all respects.
- To enter, entrants must add 5 books to a new or existing wishlist in their registered account on bookdepository.com (an “Entry”). Entrants must either have an existing account or create an account on bookdepository.com. An account can be created through the website by clicking on ‘Sign in/Join’ on the homepage.
- A wishlist is created by visiting Wishlist. Select ‘create new wishlist’, giving the list a name and click ‘create’.
- To be eligible, an Entry must be received during the Competition Entry Period (see below). All Entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
- Five winners will be chosen at random by The Book Depository using a computer-generated system (the “Winners”). The Winners shall receive 5 books from their wishlist up to the value of £100 (the “Winning Prize”). The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of Winners.
- The prize draw runs from 22nd August 2019 at 9am GMT until 2nd September 2019 at 11.59 PM GMT (the “Competition Entry Period”) . The prize draw consists of one drawing from which the Winners shall be selected. The draw will take place after the Competition Entry Period. No entry received after the Competition Entry Period will be considered. No changes to a wishlist can be made after the Competition Entry Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The Winners will be notified by email. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the entry conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. The decision of Promoter regarding selection of a Winner is final.
- The competition is not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
- By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
- The Winning Prize must be accepted as awarded or the Prize shall be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
- All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way.
- Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. The Book Depository reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the competition if, in its sole judgement, it believes the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the competition, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to The Book Depository, the competition, or any other entrant.
- For details of the name/county of a prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, 1 Principal Place, London, EC2A 2FA. No entries should be sent to this address.
- By entering the prize draw you release Promoter and any relevant third parties, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agencies, from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any prize or the prize draw or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, except as prohibited by law.