It's time to #ChangeMyMindWithABook!
Would you agree reading is about getting inspired and sometimes about giving you a new perspective about things? Welcome to #ChangeMyMindWithABook! Give us your opinion about certain topics in life you might relate to: "Can Exes be Friends?", "Savoury or Sweet Snacking?". Add your view on our social media posts with the community and don't forget to tell us which book changed your mind and why!
Join our social media competition: Take a pic of that life-changing book you read in your life and how it made you expand your horizons and change your opinion about a specific topic. Tag us @bookdepository and #ChangeMyMindWithABook until end of May. See T&Cs below.
Can exes be friends?
04 Feb 2019
Best pet: dogs or cats?
11 Feb 2021
01 Nov 2018
Do aliens exist?
03 Apr 2020
05 Mar 2020
29 May 2015
18 Apr 2019
What is your snacking heaven? Savoury or sweet treats?
20 Mar 2018
08 Jun 2020
Happy or tragic endings?
14 Apr 2020
Official Rules - "Change My Mind With A Book" Competition
These Official Rules contain the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
2. To enter, entrants must post on their Instagram, Facebook or Twitter feed showing which book they have read in their life that has somehow changed their way of thinking. Entrants must tag @bookdepository and add the hashtag #ChangeMyMindWithABook in their post (“Entry”).
3. Each entrant must:
a) be at least 21 years of age; and
b) not be an Excluded Person (as defined below).
Entrants resident in: Ireland; Germany; Austria; France; Mexico; Australia; Spain; Italy; Belgium and Netherlands as well as employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of the Promoter, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and immediate family members and persons of employees, officers, agents and directors of Promoter living in their same household ("Excluded Person(s)"), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
4. The Contest Entry period is from 26 April 2021 at 00.01am GMT to 30 May 2021 at 23.59pm GMT (“Contest Closing Date”) No entry received after that time will be considered.
5. To be eligible, Entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date. All entries shall become the property of the Promoter, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies. The Promoter isnot responsible for contacting entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for Entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
6. Each Entry will be rated by a panel of three (3) qualified judges selected by the Promoter using the following criteria: (i) originality of Entry and (ii) creativity of Entry (“Judging Criteria”). TEN (10) Entries will be selected based on the Judging Criteria as the winners (“Winners”). In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based entirely on the originality of the Entry, as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. All decisions of the Promoter are final and binding. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence about the choice of Winner.
7. Winners will be contacted by the Promoter’s official Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account via private message before 15th June 2021. The private message will be sent to the same Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account that the entrant used to enter the Contest. If any of the selected Winners do not meet any of the conditions of these Official Rules, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries by the Promoter in its sole discretion. Non winners will not be notified.
8. Each winner will be entitled to select ONE (1) physical book in the Promoter’s (https://www.bookdepository.com) catalogue (subject to any availability and related restrictions applicable to the country in which you are accessing the Promoter’s catalogue and subject to Promoter’s General Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found at /help/topic/HelpId/19/Terms-and-Conditions#helpContent) up to a maximum retail value of GBP10 (“Prize”). Winners will confirm their selection with the Promoter. The Prize must be claimed by each Winner before 30th June 2021. The Promoter will place the order for each Winner and notify them of the Prize order ID via email. Books under pre-order status are excluded from this promotion. Contest Prizes may not be transferred or substituted, except Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute any Prize won with a prize of equal or greater value. Any unclaimed Prize remains the property of the Promoter.
9. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to change these rules or terminate or cancel the Contest and/or these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion.
10. The Promoter does not exclude or limit its liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded. The Promoter accepts no liability in relation to an entrant's participation (or inability to participate) in this Contest, including without limitation any use made by any of the Winners of (or inability to use) their respective prizes, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Without prejudice to that general exclusion, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss of income, profits, sales or damage to reputation, incurred by any entrant. Further, and to the extent allowed under applicable law, Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Contest or by any technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Promoter's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in its sole judgement, the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Contest, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to The Promoter, the Contest, or any other entrant.
12. Entry to the Contest is conditional on acceptance of these Official Rules, any amendments to them and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding in all respects.
14. By entering the Contest, Entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image being used for publicity purposes in all media created or shared by Promoter in connection with the Contest, without payment or compensation.
15. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Promoter’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit an Entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Promoter’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the Entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the Prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any Entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the Entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the Entry and information and materials by Promoter in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation. Entrant agrees that Promoter has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all Entries and that, upon Promoter’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the Entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Promoter or is in any other way ineligible, Promoter may select an alternate Winner based on the same judging Criteria.
16. Except where prohibited by law, this Contest and its Official Rules, and any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any Prize awarded and the enforceability of these Official Rules, are governed by English law and are subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United Kingdom. The entire mandatory law of the country in which the participant has his habitual residence remains applicable. .