Book Depository BlogRSS
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:24
Our Book of the Week feature is now three years old! To celebrate we're giving away all the books from the past year to one lucky winner. (Crane required to carry them around not included.)
We asked our lovely graphic designers to design some new jackets from our Book of the Week list in a minimalist style. They came up with these eight. All you need to do is discover which eight book covers we've taken the liberty of redesigning. We've listed all the books along with bigger versions of our covers on a separate page.
We hope you enjoy our feature as much as we do. Here's to many happy returns and bookish discoveries!
Competition closes on Thursday 21 November, midnight GMT. Good luck!
Update 11/4/13: please don't worry if you did not get the verification message after submitting, your entries are documented and you will not be disqualified if you had to resubmit.
Update 22/11/13 Answers:
1. Underwater Dogs 2. The Green Kitchen 3. The Last Days of Detroit (US edition Detroit City Is the Place to Be) 4. The Divine Comedy 5. Secret Garden 6. Apocalypse 7. Heavenly Bodies 8. Bitter Greens
Winner: Christian Edding Thank you all for participating, we hope you enjoyed it!
Competition now closed
Posted by Anna
Books of the Week
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 26 to 50 of 178 results
Showing 26 to 50 of 178 results
- Emily Louise
That was fun!
- Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 16:32
- cyril rowlands
Books' are the stepping stones' to knowledge,winning this wonderful prize, would help any child on the road to success.
- Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 13:05
- Maria Bernadette Bautista
Phew! That took longer than I expected - in a good way. I had so much fun learning about the books; this competition was an excellent way to educate and challenge readers. Thanks Book Depository! (:
- Posted Fri, 08 Nov 2013 13:08
Does anyone have any hints on how to figure these out? I'm stuck on a couple.
- Posted Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:40
Great Competition! That was a fun challenge.
- Posted Fri, 08 Nov 2013 06:19
- robyn Letourneau
Are all 8 covers all separate books or can 1 book be two covers for example 3 and 6 Bit confused and I was a bit stumped on 7 Toss up between The crane wife and Heavenly bodies
- Posted Fri, 08 Nov 2013 02:28
- Kirsten O\'Callaghan
Did anyone else print out the 'separate page' link list of books page? When I did I got extra books (The Pitt Cue Co: The Cookbook; Craftydermy; Friday Brown; The Sea Inside; The Gigantic Beard that was evil), totally different covers for most of them and didn't have 'art made from books' at all! Help, please, Book Depository, are any of these books in the comp?
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 23:25
- Susana Isabel Marques Freire
Loved nÂº4! Not certain about nÂº3, but pretty sure I got everything right :) Awesome competition BD!
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:20
- carl hellsten
Spent just over 2 hours on this, first 20 min everything but one 1.5h on that one. Remered something about ANOTHER one (think i got it right at last). Finaly remembered something about the one i spent so much time on. and yeah, super-fun challenge, think i got at least 6 right. and possibly the remaining 2 too (but not that high hopes). Hope i win though :)
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:49
- Colleen Baran
edit- I loved that it took a little "thought'. (not though)
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:28
- Colleen Baran
Wonderful contest! I quite enjoyed figuring these out (or at least I hope I have figured them all out). I love that it took a little though. & The more I looked them the more I was dying to win. Full of enticing books. I can think of nothing lovelier then winning many, many books.
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:26
- Tracey Brandrup
This was a lot of fun - thanks BD! Very keen (like everyone else) to see the answers.
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 14:02
- K. van Dam
Well. It has been submitted. But I do fear I got number 4 wrong. I'm quite certain of all others and they were all fairly easy. But no. 4, not a clue!! Total gamble.
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 09:34
- Erica Game
I also had to resubmit like many others here
- Posted Thu, 07 Nov 2013 01:38
- Ruben Constanco
I had to resubmit my submission I hope I don't get disqualified and that I can win this amazing quiz =)
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:21
- Caterina Stamatopoulou
Great competition! I had a lot of fun trying to figure out the book covers! Kudos to the artists! Good luck to all! ;)
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:21
- Vicki douds
Wow great fun. I thought number three was a bit more challenging.
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:09
- Kerri Ann Pettigrew
I had to submit twice, jeepers I hope I got these right, please don't disqualify me!
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 04:09
- Mrs Bruna Maria James
great competition great books
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 00:36
- Mara Navarro
So much fun! :) Can we have this on a monthly basis instead? Just for funsies? :))
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 11:28
Oh dear, I didn't even realise that entering more than once would get you disqualified...I didn't get a confirmation msg so I re-entered... I do hope I have a chance it was a great comp to do.
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 08:27
- Samantha Jones
This was so much fun! Spent an hour researching all the books, it was really interesting!
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 03:40
- K. van Dam
Great competition! All are fairly easy I think, however I'm also completely stuck with no.4... Not a clue!!
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 21:07
- Juliana Pereira Rabatone
This collection will be perfect for my english learners. :)
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:33
I can't get my head around No. 5. And No. 3 could be more than one book. Very tough, but also very fun. :D
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:20
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >