Book Depository BlogRSS
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:05
The eight guides in the City Cycling Europe series are each devoted to a different city: London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Antwerp/Ghent, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona and Milan. Each compact volume features cycle-friendly neighbourhoods, itineraries, cycle maps and places to visit where cyclists are always welcome. Aimed primarily at those looking to take casual weekend breaks, there is also information for hardcore racing enthusiasts and special routes for those wishing to escape the traffic.
Now we are giving you the chance to win a set of the City Cycling Europe series as well as a cool Rapha Backpack and Winter City Riding Socks by Rapha.
Rapha apparel and accessories for city riding are designed for fast, all-day riding and to provide maximum comfort without compromising on style. Technical fabrics and inspired features have been combined with elegant tailoring for products that take you anywhere and everywhere.
A runner-up will also receive a set of the City Cycling Europe series. Just answer the question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes on Sunday 1 December, midnight GMT. Good luck!
Update -- winner: Nicole Sansonetti runner-up: Koh Wyhow
Competition now closed
Posted by Anna
City Cycling Europe guides
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 26 to 41 of 41 results
Showing 26 to 41 of 41 results
- Samantha Frederiksen
- Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 06:51
this is exciting..
- Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 06:10
The backpack would be perfect to carry the books around whilst cycling and the socks to keep my legs warm during the winter cycling
- Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:00
- Colin Frederick Whitbread
At the age of ***ty-eight I have just bought a new bike and intend to take it with me when I go on holiday! These guides would be ideal 11
- Posted Sat, 09 Nov 2013 19:06
- isabel barra
lo quiero! i do not live in europe but this would be the perfect city guide when i'll be there next year :D
- Posted Fri, 08 Nov 2013 10:57
- Chong Siew Ying
Really hope to win it....would be an awesome gift for a friend who wants to start cycling!
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:11
- Anna Inglis
The only prescription you will ever need; Bicycle sig; once daily Mitte; lifelong
- Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:43
- Emilia Turner
Reading, bicycle and travelling all of my favorite things in life, fingers crossed
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:05
- Ria Voorhaar
So fabulous! Cycling is a dream in Europe.
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 12:32
- Joanna Piasecka
Wish to win it, I love cycling!
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:09
- Hope Mann
It would be absolutely wonderful for my friend
- Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 03:25
Wish to have it ~
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 21:21
- Juliana Pereira Rabatone
My students will love it.
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:28
- Michael Clyma
Great prize, really useful, fingers crossed :-)
- Posted Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:51
Perhaps my luck ,being such a lady, will make a grand entrance?
- Posted Sat, 02 Nov 2013 22:05
- Lucas Sena de Lima
I would love to win this!
- Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 20:37
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >