Book Depository BlogRSS
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:20
In the Seattle Times, children's/teen librarian Karen Macpherson offers her list of the top books -- from picture books to early readers to young adult fiction -- for 2009.
Her choices include:
- Baby, I Love You by Karma Wilson; illustrated by Sam Williams. (Ages infant-two years).
- Daddy, Papa and Me and Mommy, Mama and Me, by Leslea Newman; illustrated by Carol Thompson (Ages infant-two years).
- Yummy: Eight Favorite Fairy Tales written and illustrated by Maisy creator Lucy Cousins (Ages 4-8).
- Stick Man, by Julia Donaldson; illustrated by Axel Scheffler. (Ages 4-8).
- Let's Do Nothing, written and illustrated by Tony Fucile (Ages 3-6).
- Birds, by Caldecott Medalist Kevin Henkes; illustrated by Laura Dronzek. (Ages 3-6).
- Crow Call, by Newbery Medalist Lois Lowry; illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline. (Ages 4-8).
- The Lion & the Mouse, illustrator Jerry Pinkney's wordless adaptation of an Aesop's fable. (Ages 3-8).
- Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal; illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld. (Ages 4-8).
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >