Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 126 to 150 of 192 results
Showing 126 to 150 of 192 results
- desley horn
looking forward to creating some of these amazing dishes
- Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:29
- Richard Licata
A HOT ITALIAN SINGLE IN THE KITCHEN firstname.lastname@example.org LADY'S
- Posted Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:43
- Richard Licata
WHEN I WIN THERE WILL BE FOOD A COOKIN
- Posted Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:43
- Emmanuel Belanger
I hope I win!!
- Posted Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:09
- Marty Pedicini
This is truly a beautiful set that would inspire me to cook healthy meals.
- Posted Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:48
- Ciara Maher
I would love to win this for mum. and since the competition ends on Saint Patricks day lets hope i am lucky cos im irish!!
- Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:29
- Ong Jia Hui
Would love to get this for my mom!
- Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:46
- nancy wallace
combining many wonderful asian culinary and experience all together instead of many recipe books that quite have many of the same things
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 13:57
- Jacqui Cruise
Competition closes on 17th March - St. Patricks Day. I hope to win as I am Irish and love Asian food. :)
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 11:10
- bronwynne jones
harak mas curry... yummm ... the best beef curry I have tasted in almost 40 years.
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:55
- bronwynne jones
I have been cooking with this book for 38 years. it is battered and splattered and due for retirement, but I can't bear to part with it. I'd love to pass these recipes on to my daughter.
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:53
- Rosanna Vajio
Just started cooking. Hope I win. :) Thanks Book Depository and the Complete Asian Cookbook ^^
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 06:46
- Paris Culley
This is amazing! I think all my spare time would be spent cooking
- Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:42
- Theresa Geiran
'Complete' describes it perfectly
- Posted Tue, 04 Mar 2014 22:24
- Te Anawa Bramwell
Wow i LOVE cooking asian food its so, os good!! would love to win=) it would help me so much thanks heaps!!!!
- Posted Tue, 04 Mar 2014 22:19
- david bunce
nice to learn asian cookin
- Posted Tue, 04 Mar 2014 20:53
- Robert Kane
I have just got back from a year in South East Asia and India! I have moved into my first apartment and could do with the kitchenware, I would love to know how to cook this cuisine for myself and family! I miss it!
- Posted Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:30
- Veronica Smith
Would love this collection, for not only my bookshelves but also my kitchen.
- Posted Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:20
- Grzegorz Gurgul
I am not a great cook but it would be nice to prepare something oriental for my family ;)
- Posted Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:41
- Lucy Mumford
I've been trying to get my youth cook for himself. This prize with book of instructions and equipment may help wean him off takeaways when he goes to university
- Posted Mon, 03 Mar 2014 16:48
- Sandra Towne
My daughter sure would love for me to cook meals using the recipes in this book. How fun it would be dining with chopsticks as we ate healthy courses.
- Posted Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:11
- Denis Vincent
As my cooking becomes more diverse I am enjoying the delights of Asian cooking, this book looks great
- Posted Mon, 03 Mar 2014 05:55
- Aisling Phelan
Oh, Love to win Asian Books & Equipment on 17th March ...... St Patrick's Day! I'd make everyone else GREEN with envy!! lol! ;-)
- Posted Sat, 01 Mar 2014 19:59
- Maxine Starks
can't wait to win, to cook up a storm of health alternatives!!!!
- Posted Sat, 01 Mar 2014 03:25
fingers crossed too ;)
- Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:57
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >