Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 101 to 125 of 192 results
Showing 101 to 125 of 192 results
- Vanessa Smith
This cookbook is known as the bible in our extended family!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:26
I'd really like this set for my Dad! He loves Asian food!!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:25
- Andrew Davies
Wonderful prize. I'd love to win it and cook up a storm down here at the bottom of the world.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:25
- Samantha Musgrave
OMG I'm so excited for this comp!!! Please let it be me!!!!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:23
- julie bail
I have such fond memories of this cookbook- it was the first and the best of Australian cookbooks for all sorts of Asian food. My copy is badly stained with curry and new one- updated too I think would be wonderful.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:15
These cookbooks would go fantastically with the chillis I'm growing. Good luck to everyone
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:02
I'll keep my fingers crossed. My wok's a little ruined and I really need a new one!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:01
- Nic Jansen
So many Indian restaurants serve up the same menu so it's nice to try something different - so here's to winning the book and experimenting.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:53
- Marilyn Andrew
Yummy Asian Food tastes even better when cooked with love at home.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:44
- Petra Bywood
With this great book and my new kitchen - surely my cooking will improve?
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:27
- Ruth Jonsson
My students are cooking Chinese this week for their assessment, this would be a great resource!! Hopefully I will get to try some good food this week.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:21
- Deborah Montuori
I've got the peanut oil, garlic, red chilis and black vinegar ready and waiting!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:06
- Francesca Dick
Nothing better than whipping up a fabulous meal for friends and family to enjoy
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:35
Brilliant competition I will be glad to win.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:10
- Susan King
The original was groundbreaking and fabulous for a home cook like me. It would be brilliant in my new kitchen.....wonderful prize for whoever the lucky winner is. Cheers!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:10
Such a cool competition! Love cooking :D
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:40
- Teresa Pozas Cuartero
This is such a great giveaway!!! The asian food is not very popular yet in my country but I have a great taste for it!! I find they combine very nicely the proportion of vegetables and protein, while we spanish people use vegetables in a much smaller proportion. Exciting!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:35
- Helena Agusti Gomez
The books look amazing, they put me so much in the mood for a dinner party! =)
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:12
Fantastic Prize keeping my fingers crossed x
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:09
- April Hollingworth
Would love to win this as I'm thoroughly enjoying cooking different foods from all over the world
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:08
well, as an adept of Hesse, some Asian specialties would really put me in the right mood!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:38
- Christopher Sharp
I would be really chuffed if I won this.
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:36
- Victor Marian Busoi
Preparing to win this :P
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:22
Would love to win, as a diabetic I have found south east asian food is the best for type for me, winning this would be a dream come true
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:03
- Kristyn Cowie
I so need help!
- Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:30
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >