Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 26 to 50 of 192 results
Showing 26 to 50 of 192 results
- Geraldine McCarthy Kelly
I adore Asian food and I am trying to learn to cook Thai food at present. I would love to win this set so I can continue my journey
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:35
- Lisa Fe'ao
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:02
I'd love to learn how to cook asian. All I know is Dutch home cooking. This would sure make my world bigger! :-)
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:17
- Robyn Linton
I love asian cooking.I "lent my 2 books that I bought in the 70's written by Charmaine Solomons & the have not been returned,much to my disapointment!!! It would be great to win this prize,
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:58
- Charlotte BurtonBell
Fingers crossed! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:55
- Benita Glickman
Awesome prize! My fingers are crossed!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:44
My family would be delighted if I cook one of these exquisite dishes. But for that I need to have the collection. Hopefully get lucky
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:42
- Nuno Rocha
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:12
- Trish Guyer
My elderly neighbour collects cookbooks and makes extra income by catering for friends' parties; she has just begun getting into Asian cooking! I'd love to win this for her!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:55
- Nicholas Stephens
Bought the original in Singapore in 1978 and have been using it ever since. Will be great to win an updated version especially in a more useable format.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:20
- Wilma van Zwietering
What a great prize to win. I'm getting more and more interested in Asian cooking.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:00
- Tom Scott
It must be good to have been regularly published since 1976. It will make a difference to my Asian Cooking!!!!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:59
great prize,love this
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:32
I love Asian Food ! Good Luck ! :)
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:19
- Anne Mackle
I love Asian food. What a wonderful prize.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:03
OMG this would be a great gift for my boyfriend! He's a cook and his birthday is soon so it would be nice to give him such a wonderful book with goodies ^^
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:41
- KATHY WYNNE
WOW, WE LOVE ASIAN FOOD...and cook books too so what a combo!!!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:33
Wow... I am a cooking novice but a big eater. Would love to have my first cooking books! Books, no matter their content are treasures..
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:31
- Liz White
My daughter would volunteer to take over the cooking with this prize so I am keeping everything crossed
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:57
- Elizabeth D\'Abbs
I bought the first edition just after it was published.It eventually fell to pieces from hard work, and now its successor (pb) is suffering the same fate for the same reason. This fantastic book is also a family affair. My son and my daughter each have a copy, and claim never to have had a recipe failure.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:48
- Dionne Comerford
What an amazing prize!!! Would love it sooo much :)
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:46
- Johanna Tracey
I have the original and it's falling apart . Held together with gaffer tape and ghee . I would love a nice new copy !
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:29
I have been looking for a set just like this for my sister. It would be the ultimate birthday present for her
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:51
- Paul Perkins
My wife and I love Asian food and this would be a great boon for me to cook her even more great Asian dishes
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:48
- Ashleigh Bearman
OMG this would be the perfect gift. I'd love to try and make Asian style food and present it beautifully. Fingers crossed, this would be a lovely birthday pressie!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:40
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >