Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:02
New World Library creates books, audio programs, and gift products that inspire and challenge us to improve the quality of our lives and our world. Our key publishing categories are Personal Growth, Spirituality, Creativity, Women's Interests, Religion, Sustainable Business, Human-Animal Relationships, Native American Interests, and other areas of emerging importance. We are a socially and environmentally aware company and we strive to embody the ideals presented in our publications.
The Book Depository: What/who do you see as your primary market?
New World Library: Spiritual seekers looking to improve the quality of their lives and to make a positive contribution to the world and to those around them.
The Book Depository: What are the principal challenges/opportunities you see at the moment in the business of publishing books?
New World Library: 1) Creating community with the consumers of our content.
2) As our core audience steadily ages, we need to create more books and CDs that attract younger people.
3) We are always challenged to support our authors as much as we can to reach as many people as possible with their messages.
The Book Depository: What brings you to the decision to publish a particular title/author?
New World Library: 1) The book has to fit within the parameters of our publishing program and our company's mission.
2) We have to be passionate about the project.
3) Much of it is purely intuitive: If any of our editors really love a project, and if our marketing people feel they can do something with it, it's a go.
The Book Depository: What books are you the most proud of having published?
New World Library: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain
Neither Wolf Nor Dog by Kent Nerburn
Ten Things I Learned from Bill Porter by Shelly Brady
The Emotional Lives of Animals by Marc Bekoff
Visionary Business by Marc Allen
The Book Depository: What books are you working on right now?
New World Library: The Wolf at Twilight by Kent Nerburn
The Animal Manifesto by Marc Bekoff
The Secrets of Great Marriages by Charlie and Linda Bloom
Financial Recovery by Karen McCall
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >