Book Depository BlogRSS
Thu, 03 Oct 2013 09:18
To celebrate 40 years of Usborne books this year, Saturday 5th October has been declared Usborne Day! As part of the celebrations, we've got a brilliant prize to give away, comprising of 40 bestselling Usborne titles, as well as lots of Usborne Day goodies, including a T-shirt and limited edition tote bag! To enter, simply answer the question below. Good luck! Competition closes October 28th.
PLUS: We also have some fun activity sheets for you to download and print off!
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 26 to 50 of 183 results
Showing 26 to 50 of 183 results
- veronica bingham
I can easily resist a kindle as nothing equals the smell and feel and experience of reading a good book. Fantastic contest, will keep the fingers crossed.. :)
- Posted Mon, 07 Oct 2013 01:09
- carole eaves
happy birthday. this is my first visit, but certainly not the last, were book munchers in our house cant get enough of them, strongly resisting a kindle at the present.
- Posted Sun, 06 Oct 2013 20:03
Our family love reading and we are a great fan of Book Depository. I often purchase english books for my children from Book Depository. English books are rare and i find it difficult to get especially from where we are. Would be awesome if we can win these Usborne books. The children would be thrilled. Happy Usborne Day.
- Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2013 15:39
- John Lee
a good site
- Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2013 15:07
- Bruce PATERSON
Would have loved this package when I came out on the First Fleet
- Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2013 08:42
- Brenda Cooke
That's my Contest - it's so squashy!
- Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2013 03:57
- Sarah Robbins
Thank you for this competition!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 23:39
- Victoria Mackey
What a great comp and prize, my kiddlets and I are 'soups' excited. Fingers crossed!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 23:09
- Mindy Janicke
Happy Usborne Books day (a day early)! Books are such an amazing aspect of everything we do. As a mother, book blogger, beta reader and obsessive reader since I was four I honestly love and support all aspects of the written words if books. We can never stop learning and should never want to stop. Thank you for books!!!!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 22:31
Happy anniversary!!! We are wishing you will make your magnificent books for thousand and thousand years more!!!!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:46
I love Usborne books!!! They really attract EFL students - and teachers like me.
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:36
- abudulai abubakari
Include Bank money transfer details to your money transfer list for orders to enable readers in GHANA to benefit . I never won any competition like this before so I am watching .Thank you.
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:48
- Carol Lee
Happy Birthday Usborne!! I would really love to win this competition and have books to share with my 5 grandchildren
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:37
- Jennifer Moore
as an avid book lover this is my idea of a competition, thanks.!!!!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 14:00
- Nathan Goss
Great competition, good luck to the winner of this prize, I have never won any competitions; I'm crossing my fingers and toes thanks book depository
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:45
- Pat King
Usborne Books, uniquely good for children who love to read. Some adults, too!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:09
- B Alam
Yes, it's so good... My child Lolarina is sooo excited about winning the prize, all the best and luck to the winner! :)
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:04
- Mariska Joan Schouten
Cellebrating books is always a good thing!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:36
- Evelyn Kelly
Back to college again :o(. All my funds will be spent on course material... so I need a little free light reading lol
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:02
- Tara Headley
I've been collecting books since we started homeschooling and was running out of room, so I bought a cheap second hand bookshelf, and now my other one is as bare as Mother Hubbard's cupboard. lol It definitely needs some more books to fill up the gaps. All the best to everyone who enters. :D
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:25
- Mrs Jacqueline Manning
Happy Birthday Usborne, I would love to win as both my daughters had loads of Usborne Books and my grand-daughters at an age where she'll love them
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:19
- Denise Tyrrell
What I couldn't do with this prize - just started a children's book club at home with my 10 grandchildren. This would go a long way to get them on the reading track.
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:45
- kathy butler
Why do all you people bother saying how much you want to win? Nobody enters if they don't want to win.
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:38
- Ainul Azeline Jamaludin
Happy Usborne Day!
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:44
- Aukje Atsma
Happy Birthday to you all. You are still one of my favourite bookshops in europe. I still enjoy the books I bought from you from Tomoko Takamichi. I wish to win the prize so I can enjoy many books about patterndrafting.
- Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:28
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >