Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:28
BFI Publishing/Palgrave Macmillan are publishing 8 special edition Gothic BFI Film Classics in October to coincide with the BFI Gothic season. These 8 books all feature specially designed cover images and include 4 new titles and 4 new editions, each exploring a key film in Gothic cinema, from Cat People to Nosferatu to Pan's Labyrinth.
For customers in the UK; The BFI Gothic season is a celebration of Gothic film and TV across the UK, at BFI Southbank and on BFI player with live events, screenings and much more. To find out more about the season visit the BFI's Gothic page. Customers outside the UK can enjoy the great interractive game on the BFI site!
To win these 8 great books, please answer the question below by Monday 4th November.
Update -- winner: Grzegorz Kopycinski
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
BFI Gothic Classics
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 26 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 26 results
- Adi Hafiz
Good luck to all
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:56
- narelle congdon
- Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:35
- Remigio Olivares Irribarra
Waiting to win!!
- Posted Sun, 03 Nov 2013 03:59
- Maria Payr
I've never won any competition and i love reading for a 13 year old so i have my thumbs crossed
- Posted Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:08
- Celine Thomas
Just found about the bookdepository website from a friend of mine. Great collection of books available to order online, looking forward to order some books from your website soon. Kind regards from Montreal, Canada
- Posted Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:17
- Shirley Turner
Tonight is Halloween. Great night to enter to win these books. They would make a great addition to my library.
- Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 01:51
- Richard Adolfo Lagos Aguilera
I love the Gothic cinema.
- Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 01:13
really want to win this!
- Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 00:15
Too distracted to read at the moment - although I know it is good for the soul.
- Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:11
- Ricardo Moreno de Melo
I am Brazilian and I am a customer of this bookstore. I really like this film and I hope to gain promotion. sorry for my English writing.
- Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:47
- MW Gerard
I love Cat People. I wrote a term paper on Val Lewton, too!
- Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:41
- BogdanLucian Androne
- Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:19
- siti nabiella binti noor azmi
im from malaysia. i wish i can get all the collection of those books
- Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:20
- Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:20
- Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:55
Ooohhhhh, me please!
- Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 06:26
- Mina Stanojkovic
I would love to read these, thank you!
- Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:18
- JORGE FUENZALIDA
innocents curse me!!
- Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:03
- Monja Saetervik
Awesome comp guys!
- Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:25
- tania dow
When I think Gothic, I think Gormanghast!
- Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 04:01
- Kermit Crissey
My Library awaits!!!!!
- Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:33
Never read those books before, wish I could have the opportunity to get to know about gothic horror novels.
- Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 05:39
- margaret primos
Cool! The book is always better that the movie.
- Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:22
- Lee Li Er
would be amazing to win this competition :)
- Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 02:57
That's just amazing! I can't wait for the result! Great books!
- Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 02:20
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >