Zinn & the Art of Rod Bike Maintenance: The World's Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide
The World's Best Repair Guide for Bikes!
If you are looking for easy-to-follow instructions on how to repair a bicycle, "Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance" is the best guide you'll find. No matter what kind of bike you own--an aging 10-speed with hard-to-find parts or a brand-new, tricked-out race machine--Lennard Zinn's guide to all road and cyclocross bicycles is a one-stop reference that will show you the correct way to maintain and repair any bike.
Whether you are a novice bike mechanic or an experienced gearhead, you will find complete DIY instructions for basic and advanced bicycle care, accompanied by hundreds of detailed illustrations, exploded views of how parts go together, and time-saving tips. Itemized tool lists explain what you'll need to do the job, whether you are stocking a workshop or tackling a roadside repair.
- How to do your own bike fit
- Simple instructions for regular bicycle care
- Maintenance schedules to keep your bike running trouble-free
Complete Bike Repair
- How to fix every bike part: Brakes, wheels, tires, headsets, derailleurs, pedals, chains, hubs, handlebars, saddles--you name it, it's covered
Solve Common Bicycle Problems
- Diagnose and fix problems like a skipping chain, rough shifting, squeaky brakes, or a stuck seatpost with troubleshooting tables and tips
Everything Covered, Old & New
- Campagnolo EPS and Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems (all types); all Ergopower and Dual Control STI systems, including 11-speed; all SRAM DoubleTap
- Mechanical and hydraulic disc brakes for road and cyclocross bicycles
- All bottom brackets, cup-and-cone to BB90 and everything in between
The Ultimate Reference
- Exhaustive troubleshooting index; glossary of terms; torque specifications; gear chart for compact and regular cranks; bike fit tables
Over 650 Illustrations and Exploded Views!
Lennard Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for more than 50 years. A professional frame builder and bike designer, Lennard is also the technical writer for Velo magazine and hosts the popular Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His other books include "Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance," "Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes," "Zinn's Cycling Primer," "The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook," and "The Mountain Bike Owner's Manual." He lives and works in Boulder, Colorado.show more