Understanding the mechanics of your bike, knowing how to adjust it to suit your riding style, and knowing how to keep it running smoothly are essential to your mountain biking performance. Nobody teaches these skills better than the famous artiste "Leonardo da Zinnski." --Ned Overend, World and National Mountain Bike Champion
NOBODY COVERS BIKES LIKE ZINN
"Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance" is the world's bestselling book on mountain bike care and repair for good reason: it covers everything you need to know about your mountain bike in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
Whether you are an enthusiastic novice or an experienced old hand, you will find complete instructions for basic and advanced repairs, accompanied by hundreds of illustrations, exploded views of how parts go together, time-saving tips, and smart recommendations from Lennard Zinn, America's leading expert on bikes and bike gear.
- Simple instructions for regular maintenance
- How to choose a bike, including fitting and sizing
- Full coverage of cross-country, hardtail, full suspension, downhill, and hybrid bikes old and newAdvanced repair:
- Integrated-spindle cranks, clipless pedals, suspension forks, internal headsets, hydraulic brakes, hub and cassette overhaul, and much more
- Problem-solving for frozen parts, stripped threads, missing pieces
- Pro Tips to speed your workAll about wheels:
- Tubeless tires, sealant systems, flat repair, tire sizing and choice
- Wheelbuilding and general wheel maintenance and repairThe latest and greatest:
- The newest components including BB30, BB92, PF24 cranksets, inertial valve suspension forks, air sleeve rear shocksThe most complete reference available:
- Glossary of bike terms, specifications for bolt tightening, gear chart for 26- and 29-inch wheels, and a comprehensive troubleshooting index
- More than 350 illustrations, including exploded views of critical assemblies
Lennard Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for nearly 50 years. A professional frame builder and bike designer, Lennard is also the technical writer for "VeloNews "magazine and Singletrack.com and hosts the popular Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His other books include "Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn's Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner's Manual." He lives and works in Boulder, Colorado.show more