- Includes at least one map.
- "Words You Know" section reinforces the text.
- Photographs are directly related to the text.
- High interest topic introduces early readers to basic geographic facts.
- Serves as early introduction to travel guides.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
- People, societies, and cultures address needs and concerns in ways that are both similar and different.
- Cultural unity and diversity can be identified within and across groups.
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Accounts of past events, people, places, and situations contribute to our understanding of the past.
People, Places, and Environments: III
- Locate and distinguish among various landforms such as mountains, plateaus, islands, and oceans.show more