What Customers Crave : How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint
- Hardback | 256 pages
- 165 x 245 x 25mm | 430g
- 06 Mar 2018
- Harpercollins Focus
- Nashville, United States
- Special ed
- Illustrations, unspecified
Other books in this series
26 Aug 2010
08 Jul 2013
15 Aug 2016
26 Sep 2013
27 Feb 2008
04 Apr 2016
19 May 2010
04 Jan 2010
Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit: The Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
07 Apr 2010
27 Dec 2010
20 Feb 2017
29 Aug 2016
06 Mar 2018
13 Feb 2012
22 Jun 2017
Demographics like these have shaped marketing efforts, product development, and customer interactions for decades. But demographics are incomplete at best. At worst, they distort your view of the customer, mask flaws in your business, and cause missed opportunities--disastrous in a hypercompetitive economy.
What Customers Crave upends the standard segmentation model. In its place, two simple questions reveal what motivates consumers and how to engage them: What do they love? What do they hate?
Consider how the answers can impact your business. One type of customer is price sensitive, and loves personalized offers for products and services. Another hates dealing with offers, but values speed above all else; having to wait is a deal breaker. Create experiences that consistently exceed the expectations of both, and you'll gain committed customers who share the love with others.
Whether your business is a digital store, a global chain, or a mom-and-pop shop, What Customers Crave helps you rethink who your customers are, and shows you how to connect with each type across all touchpoints--from your online presence to face-to-face interactions to follow-up communications.
Packed with examples of exceptional experiences engineered by Apple, Southwest Airlines, Zappos, In-N-Out Burgers, and dozens more, the book explains:
* What online ratings and limitless choice did to business-as-usual approaches
* Why CRM systems designed to find profitable and nonprofitable customers are obsolete
* How disruptive innovators locate gaps in the customer experience and lure buyers away with more appealing ones
* How strategic listening and contact point innovation help you identify customer types
* Why bad policies and bad cultures can't be solved with just more training of customer-focused employees
* How great companies design experiences that build loyalty with each customer type--and how you can, too
In a connected world where customers can promote you or destroy you, average experiences are not nearly enough. What Customers Crave delivers a fresh perspective and practical tools for discovering what drives people to buy or not, fixing hidden problems, and creating exceptional experiences that bring customers back for more.
Nicholas J. Webb is a popular speaker and corporate strategist in the areas of customer experience design and innovation. His firm, Cravve, provides consulting and training to many of the world's top brands.
Connect with him at:
Back cover copy
They do it by asking two simple questions: What do customers love? What do they hate? What Customers Crave helps you find the answers, and reinvent how you engage with people both digitally and nondigitally. The tools, examples, and insights from an innovation thought leader show you how to: Discover who your customers really are and what they care about
* Engineer exceptional, relevant experiences for each customer type
* Connect across all five touchpoints
* Co-create with customers, and much more
* When you learn to provide your customers with exactly what they want, they not only buy--they come back again and again . . . and bring their friends!