Walt Disney's Donald Duck: Lost In The Andes
Our initial volume begins when Barks had reached his peak -- 1948-1950. Highlights include:
- The title story, "Lost in the Andes" (Barks's own favorite). Donald and the nephews embark on an expedition to Peru to find where square eggs come from only to meet danger in a mysterious valley whose inhabitants all speak with a southern drawl, and where Huey, Dewey, and Louie save Unca' Donald's life by learning how to blow square bubbles!
- Two stories co-starring the unbearably lucky Gladstone, including the epic "Race to the South Seas," as Donald and Gladstone try to win Uncle Scrooge's favor by being the first to rescue him from a desert island.
- Two Christmas stories, including "The Golden Christmas Tree," one of Barks's most fantastic stories that pits him and the nephews against a witch who wants to destroy all the Christmas trees in the world.
- In other stories, Donald plays a TV quiz show contestant and ends up encased in a giant barrel of "Shaky-Jell," a truant officer who matches wits with his nephews, and a ranch hand who outwits cattle rustlers.
These new editions feature meticulously restored and re-colored pages in a beautifully designed, affordable format geared to the mainstream book buyer. Discover the genius of Carl Barks!
- Hardback | 240 pages
- 178 x 254 x 22.86mm | 816.47g
- 28 Jun 2012
- Seattle, United States
- 1 Illustrations, unspecified
Other books in this series
09 Jun 2020
28 Jun 2012
13 Jun 2013
15 Aug 2017
02 May 2014
26 Oct 2015
16 Mar 2021
10 May 2016
Walt Disney's Donald Duck Holiday Gift Box Set: "christmas on Bear Mountain" & "a Christmas for Shacktown"
10 Nov 2013
10 Apr 2015