Walking Nuns : Sisters of Mercy Goulburn Congregation Sesquicentenary
In late April 1859 the Sisters of Mercy at Westport in Ireland were invited to provide a group of Sisters for the growing town of Goulburn New South Wales. Archbishop Polding welcomed them to Sydney and travelled with them to Goulburn. They arrived on 28 October 1859. By 1862 the first part of the convent was occupied.
- Paperback | 110 pages
- 01 Sep 2009
- Sisters of Mercy Goulburn Congregation
- Chisholm, ACT, Australia
- Full colour & b&w images; bibliography