Wait, That's Vegan?! : Plant-Based Meatballs, Burgers, Steaks and Other Dishes You Thought You'd Never Eat Again!
Veganism is on the rise and this book has all the know-how you need to make your own delicious, plant-based dairy substitutes like Almond Parmesan, Cashew Cream and Nut Milk. You'll never miss meat-based dishes when you have meals like Beet Burgers, Baja Tofu Fish Tacos and Portobello Fajitas. Vegans and non-vegans alike will be impressed with nutritious, show-stopping dinners like Paella Verduras and Portobello Steaks with Creamed Spinach and Herbed Butter. With incredible recipes ranging from Avocado Benedict with Heirloom Tomatoes and Hollandaise Sauce to Classic New York Cheesecake, Wait, That's Vegan?! has everything you need to make eating vegan simple, satisfying and scrumptious.
This book contains 75 recipes and 75 photographs.
- Paperback | 192 pages
- 228 x 204 x 15mm | 628g
- 04 Feb 2020
- Page Street Publishing Co.
- Essex, United States
- 60 photos
- Gena Hamshaw, author of The Full Helping blog and Power Plates "This is plant-based cuisine for the accomplished cook, the everyday cook, the reluctant cook and even the non-cook. These recipes are more than just eye-candy; this is a cookbook you'll actually use on a regular basis."
- Hannah Kaminsky, author of Real Food, Really Fast, Sweet Vegan Treats and many more "I just love this book. Every one of your favorite foods has been transformed into a recipe that is tastier than you could ever have imagined. This is a culinary home run."
- Neal D. Barnard, MD, FACC, President PCRM, author of The Vegan Starter Kit, and many more "Whether you're a new or long-time vegan, you'll want to make room in your kitchen for this book!"
- Linda Soper-Kolton, vegan chef at Catskill Animal Sanctuary, lead author of Compassionate Cuisine "Through her easy-to-follow recipes, Lisa makes vegan cooking accessible to everyone."
- Dr. Ethan J. Ciment, President, Woodstock Farm Sanctuary, and co-author of NYC Vegan "What's my go-to chocolate vegan cake? What's the best way to make tofu scramble? How do I make the best nut milk ever? Find all these answers and so much more vegan goodness in this love-filled, delicious cookbook!"
- Joey Arbagey, EVP of A&R, EPIC Records "If you are looking for a cookbook that combines incredible health and amazing flavor, this is the one for you. Lisa has tastefully crafted dozens of amazing recipes that will keep even the most discerning palates coming back for more."
- Robert Ostfeld, MD, MSc, Director, Preventive Cardiology, Montefiore Health System "When people ask me for resources to inspire and support their shift towards plants, this book is now at the top of my list. It's full of delicious, flavorful, and easy-to-make veganized recipes of all of my favorite foods."
- Eric Adams, Brooklyn Borough President "This cookbook is fantastic! Lisa's writing is engaging and entertaining and her recipes are creative and delicious. It's the ultimate guide for healthy, fun eating!"
- Bob Roth, CEO, David Lynch Foundation, author of Strength in Stillness "Lisa's debut cookbook is worth adding to your shelf, no matter how many vegan recipe collections you already have. She has skillfully veganized her favorite dishes, and the results are flawless yet simple to execute at home."
- Stepfanie Romine, co-author of The No Meat Athlete Cookbook "Lisa was quite sure she could 'veganize' all her old favorites, and this volume is proof that her efforts are successful. Cook well and enjoy!"
- Selma Miriam, founder of Bloodroot Restaurant and coauthor of The Best of Bloodroot "Lisa has given us a well-thought out cookbook filled with scrumptious recipes that will have everyone, not only vegans, wanting to get into their kitchens and cook."
- Fran Costigan, Director, author of Vegan Chocolate "Wondering how to eat your favorite foods, vegan style? You're in luck! Lisa has done the hard work of creating smart, crowd-pleasing vegan recipes that will have even your pickiest eaters saying, 'I can't believe it's vegan!'
- Liz Dee, Co-President of Smarties Candy Company, Founder of Vegan Ladyboss
About Lisa Dawn Angerame