Part I: Powers, Norms, and Vocabularies of Contestation:.
1. Foucault on Modern Power:.
Empirical Insights and Normative Confusions.
2. Michael Foucault: A 'Young Conservative'?.
3. Foucault's Body Language: A Posthumanist Political Rhetoric?.
Part II: On the Political and the Symbolic:.
4. The French Derrideans:.
Politicizing Deconstruction or Deconstructing the Political?.
5. Solidarity or Singularity?:.
Richard Rorty between Romanticism and Technocracy.
Part III: Gender and the Politics of Need Interpretation:.
6. What's Critical about Critical Theory?.
The Case of Habermas and Gender.
7. Women, Welfare, and the Politics of Need Interpretation.
8. Struggle over Needs: Outline of a Socialist-Feminist Critical.
Theory of Late Capitalist Political Culture.