"Universal Command Guide can significantly reduce the extent of retraining by providing a solid cross-reference between command sets on a wide variety of operating systems." --Doc D'Errico, Director, eLab EMC Engineering, EMC Corporation
Universal Command Guide for Operating Systems
Windows. UNIX. Linux. NetWare. Macintosh. DOS. If you're a systems professional, chances are you're pretty familiar with commands in at least one of these operating systems. But what happens when you need to get up to speed on an operating system you don't know? This ingenious reference will have you up and running in no time. It describes and illustrates every command in every commonly used operating system - and cross-references each command to the equivalent commands in other operating systems.
Every Command and Every Option Described and Cross-Referenced!
* Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP
* Solaris 7, 8
* AIX 4.3.3
* OpenBSD 2.7
* Red Hat Linux 7
* NetWare 3.12, 4.11, 5.1, 6
* Mac OS 9.1
* DOS 6.22
* Get a concise description of each command
* Discover the correct syntax at a glance
* Find a complete description of all command options, including version-specific variations
* See examples of both common and version-specific commands
* Use the Quick Command Index to find equivalent commands in other operating systems
Cross-References and more on CD-ROM!
* The UCG Finder - Find the command you need for any OS
* 2,000 more cross-references for NetWare, Microsoft, & UNIX
* UNIX/Linux shells and internal commands cross-referenced
* VNC Remote Control, MySQL, and more great softwareshow more