Understanding the Tin Man : Why So Many Men Avoid Intimacy
In Understanding the Tin Man, bestselling author William July II tackles these age-old questions, revealing what every woman wants to know about her man, and what every man needs to know about himself. Boys, conditioned to become emotionally closed off, all too often end up like the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz-hollow on the inside, and unable to cultivate honest, loving, mutually satisfying relationships.
Understanding the Tin Man presents a simple, step-by-step program for men who want to change, and for women who want to help their men overcome the Tin Man syndrome. You will learn to recognize a Tin Man, understand why men really fear intimacy, see through the tactics men use to avoid commitment and relationships, identify the five situations in which even the most emotionally numb man will share his feelings, and, most important, learn how to help a Tin Man change his life. With thought-provoking questions and self-improvement exercises for both men and women at the end of each chapter, Understanding the Tin Man is a powerful tonic for relationships and a much-needed voice of reason on the battlefield of the sexes.
- Paperback | 211 pages
- 139.7 x 210.82 x 15.24mm | 294.83g
- 30 Apr 2001
- Broadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Broadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Del
- New York, United States
People who bought this also bought
Other books in Dating, Relationships, Living Together & Marriage
12 Feb 2015
29 Apr 1999
Do you fear commitment?
Or do these questions make you think of someone close to you? If you (or someone you know) would reply -True- to the following statements, this book is for you.
True or False:
1. The best way to make up after an argument is sex.
2. My favorite way to celebrate is by having sex.
3. Sex is my preferred method of easing my mind and relaxing.
4. Coming from a girlfriend/wife, the words -We need to talk- make me uncomfortable.
5. For an evening to be intimate, it must involve sex.
6. A man should always earn more than his wife/girlfriend.
7. Married women shouldn't want or need to work.
8. It's my job to do the driving when I'm with a woman.
9. Birth control is only the woman's concern.
10. Women need a man's help when making big decisions.
See inside for the rest of the quiz... From the Hardcover edition.
About William July