One in five women and one in twelve men over the age of fifty in the UK already suffer from osteoporosis, and every three minutes someone has a fracture due to osteoporosis. In the USA it is predicted that one-in two women and one in eight men over fifty will have an osteoporosis-related fracture at some time in their lives. In Canada, more women die each year as a result of osteoporotic fractures than from breast and ovarian cancer combined.
The conventional Western medical view is that osteoporosis is an inevitable part of ageing. In this book, bestselling authors Professor Jane Plant and Gill Tidey take a radically different approach based on studies and analysis of mainstream scientific literature, and provide compelling, easy-to-read new evidence on the causes of the disease.
With the help of this book you can:
* Learn how to prevent osteoporosis
* Improve your chances of increasing your bone strength and health if you suffer from osteoporosis
* Discover how to get the best out of othodox medicine
* Educate yourself about the fundamental importance of diet and lifestyle, with seven Food Factors and eight Lifestyle Factors, aimed at improving your bone health, appearance and outlook.
* Follow a new dietary regime based on delicious recipes
* Above all, discover a diet and lifestyle that will empower you to prevent and combat the disease.show more