Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn.
Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife -- between desire and danger.
Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.
It's here! #1 bestselling author Stephenie Meyer makes a triumphant return to the world of Twilight with the highly anticipated companion, Midnight Sun the iconic love story of Bella and Edward told from the vampire's point of view.
"People do not want to just read Meyer's books; they want to climb inside them and live there." -- Time
"A literary phenomenon." -- The New York Times
- Hardback | 498 pages
- 147.32 x 210.82 x 40.64mm | 635.03g
- 05 Oct 2005
- Little, Brown & Company
- Little, Brown and Company
- New York, United States
Other books in this series
01 Nov 2016
04 Dec 2012
30 Mar 2010
25 Sep 2012
A New York Times bestseller
A New York Times"Editor's Choice"
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
A Publishers Weekly"Kids' Book Adults Would Love"
An Amazon "Best Book of the Decade * So Far"
An ALA "Top Ten Books for Young Adults"
* "Propelled by suspense and romance in equal parts [this story] will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut."
-Publishers Weekly (starred review)
* "The novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive. Realistic, subtle, succinct, and easy to follow, Twilight will have readers dying to sink their teeth into it."-School Library Journal (starred review)
* "In the tradition of Anne Rice. . . this dark romance is gripping." -Booklist (starred review)
About Stephenie Meyer