Foreword by John Esposito
1. Transnational Political Islam: An Introduction by Azza Karam, World Conference of Religions for Peace (WCRP), USA.
2. Restructuring Political Islam: Transnational Belonging and Muslims in
France and Germany by Valerie Amiraux, Centre national de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and Centre Universitaire de Recherche Administrative et Politique de Picardie (CURAPP), France.
3. Political Islam in Sweden: Integration and Deterrence by Jan Hjarpe, University of Lund, Sweden.
4. Islam in the Netherlands: Traveling Under the Shadow of the World Trade
Center by Jan Nederveen Pieterse, University of Urbana Champaign, USA.
5. Cognac, Cigarettes and Terrorist Cells in Albania by Fred Abrahams, Human Rights Watch, USA.
6. Exploring Theoretical and Programmatic Changes in Contemporary Islamist
Discourse: Al-Manar Al-Jadid in Egypt by Amr Hamzawy, Free University of Berlin, Germany.
About the Contributors