Traditional Designs from India
- Paperback | 32 pages
- 209 x 275 x 4mm | 127g
- 24 Mar 2006
- Dover Publications Inc.
- New York, United States
- Illustrations, unspecified
Other books in this series
10 Sep 2004
14 Sep 2004
Table of contents
2. Vase design, Mughal India.
3. Center: stencil design. Border: chikankari embroidery design
4. Center: Rangoli design, Mandana, Gujarat. Bottom border: design from Bihar.
5. Borders: stencil design. Center: detail, scroll painting, West Bengal.
6. Border: detail, fresco and mosaic--tomb of Jahangir, Lahore. Center area: wood and ivory mosaic--Golden Temple, Amritsar.
7. "Jagannath, Baladev, and Manika the Milkmaid"--Paata painting from Orissa.
8. Top: Kolam design, Bengal. Border: chikankari embroidery design. Bottom center: card design, Madhubani, Bihar.
9. Bukhani, Gujurat.
10. Toran decorated with gods, animals, and flowers--northwestern India.
11. Kohbar on handmade paper, treated with cow dung--Madhubani.
12. Design on inlaid tray, Agra.
13. "Striped Lion with Flowers"--painting on paper from Mithila region, Bihar, India.
14. "Lanka Dahan" painting on handmade paper, Madhubani, Bihar.
15. Motif from illuminated manuscript--Mughal India.
16. "Goddess Sarasvati and Her Peacock"--second folio from a Chitrakathi series, northern Karnataka.
17. "Amrit Manthan" painting on handmade paper, Madhubani, Bihar.
18. Top of enameled box, Jaipur, India.
19. Center: base of rosewater sprinkler, northern India. Bottom border: Niello ornament.
20. Wall painting, Rajasthan.
21. Part of a scroll painting illustrating a folk legend, used as a prop in storytelling performances--West Bengal, around 1800.
22. Center: woodcut design, West Bengal. Border: chikankari embroidery design.
23. Embroidery on silk, Gujarat.
24. Wall hanging, Gujarat
25. Design from a Chitrakathi folio, northern Karnataka.
26. Inlaid brass panel, Jhang, Punjab.
27. Center: wood and ivory mosaic design--Golden Temple, Amritsar. Circle border: pottery design, Bombay School of Art. Bottom: Marwar-pattern Hindu neck ornament
28. Wood and ivory mosaic, Golden Temple, Amritsar.
29. Design for textile printing, Andhra Pradesh.
30. Fragment of a scroll painting depicting episodes in a Bengali version of the Ramayana--West Bengal, early 19th century.