Todderstaffe Hall the Story of an English Farm 1332 to 2015
This is the story of the author's childhood home, an English farm called Todderstaffe. Its owners included the Norman Barons of Halton, who gave it to Whalley Abbey. After the dissolution of the monasteries it passed to the Singletons, the Squires of the Manor of Staining, persecuted for their devotion to Catholicism. It was owned Thomas Miller, a wealthy industrialist who added the farm to his Singleton estate. In 1924 the author's grandfather became the tenant and his descendants still farm there. This story of an English farm and its owners will appeal to all those who have a connection to the Fylde and an interest in the history of Lancashire.
- Paperback | 218 pages
- 148.6 x 214.1 x 18.5mm | 639.56g
- 17 Jul 2015
- Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- United States
- colour illustrations