In recent years scientific studies have identified that nutrients in certain foods can have a dramatic effect in fighting low-level depression and the mental sluggishness caused by unhealthy, highly prcessed foods.
Depression affects most of us at some time in our lives but medication can sometimes be counterproductive and couselling services are often heavily subscribed. If we need professional help for depression we need it straght away, yet this might not always be possible.
Faced with this dilemma herself, Alexandra Massey, best-selling author of Beat, Depression and Reclaim Your Life, has developed SuperFoods, a guide to fighting fatigue, anxiety, stress and depression through food.
* Dietary tips to combat fatigue, anxiety, stress and depression
* Three seven-day eating plans for depression, stress and chronic fatigue
* Ten 'superfoods' that fight depression
* Ten common symptoms fo 'bad food fallout'
* Q&A sections to identify lifestyle/eating habits
* Testimonials from those who have followed the meal plans.
Written in association with award-winning nutritionalist Anita Bean, SuperFoods is an invaluable, jargon-free guide. These delicious alternatives to high-fat, salty and sugary processed meals will help you fight depression by changing what you put on you plateshow more