Suicide of the West : How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics Is Destroying American Democracy
List price: US$45.00
We can notify you when this item is back in stockAdd to wishlist
- Our rights come from God not from the government.
- The government belongs to us; we do not belong to the government.
- The individual is sovereign. We are all captains of our own souls.
- The fruits of our labors belong to us. In the last few decades, these political virtues have been turned into vices. As we are increasingly taught to view our traditions as a system of oppression, exploitation and "white privilege," the principles of liberty and the rule of law are under attack from left and right. At a moment when authoritarianism, tribalism, identity politics, nationalism, and cults of personality are rotting our democracy from within, Goldberg exposes the West's suicidal tendencies on both sides of the ideological aisle. For the West to survive, we must renew our sense of gratitude for what our civilization has given us and rediscover the ideals that led us out of the bloody muck of the past - or back to the muck we will go. Suicide is painless, liberty takes work.
- 24 Apr 2018
- Random House Audio Publishing Group
About Jonah Goldberg