Stress, Health and Well-Being : Thriving in the 21st Century, International Edition
List price: US$84.00
We can notify you when this item is back in stockAdd to wishlist
- Paperback | 560 pages
- 188 x 231 x 21mm | 820g
- 01 Jan 2012
- Cengage Learning, Inc
- CENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Mason, OH, United States
- International Edition
Table of contents
1. Stress and Health.
2. Positive Psychology.
Part 2: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS AND ILLNESS.
3. Stress and the Nervous System.
4. Stress, Illness, and the Immune System.
5. The Impact of Stress on Health Conditions.
Part 3: STRESS, PERSONALITY, AND EMOTIONS.
6. Personality and Stress.
7. Anxiety, Anger, and Depression.
Part 4: INTERPERSONAL AND JOB STRESS.
9. Job Stress.
Part 5: EMOTIONAL AND BEHAVIORAL SELF-REGULATION.
10. Cognitive and Behavioral Approaches.
11. Physical Activity and Exercise.
Part 6: MIND-BODY STRATEGIES.
13. Self-Regulation and Relaxation Strategies.
14. Meditation, Yoga, and Biofeedback.
Part 7: GUIDELINES FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT AND WELL-BEING ENHANCEMENT.
15. Guidelines for Stress Management and Well-Being Enhancement.
About Rick Harrington
Dr. Harrington has been teaching at the college level for over 25 years and is a past recipient of UHV's Teaching Excellence Award. He has also been honored by Who's Who Among America's Teachers" (1996, 2007) as one of the "best teachers in America selected by the best students." Dr. Harrington initiated the UHV Psi Chi chapter and is a former president of the Victoria Area Psychological Association. His research endeavors have included work in biofeedback, smoking cessation, personality, and life satisfaction."