Special Edition Using FileMaker 7
- Paperback | 1104 pages
- 188 x 231.1 x 63.5mm | 1,837.07g
- 17 Aug 2004
- Pearson Education (US)
- Que Corporation,U.S.
- Indianapolis, IN, United States
Other books in this series
01 Aug 1997
10 Mar 2017
01 Sep 2001
05 Sep 2004
05 Mar 2017
21 Sep 2003
Mixed media product
19 Sep 2001
10 Jun 2002
01 Nov 2001
Back cover copy
Table of contents
I. GETTING STARTED WITH FILEMAKER.
1. FileMaker Overview.
2. Using FileMaker Pro.
3. Defining and Working with Fields.
4. FileMaker Fundamentals: Working with Layouts.
II. Developing Solutions with FileMaker.
5. Relational Database Design.
6. Working with Multiple Tables.
7. Working with Relationships.
8. Getting Started with Calculations.
9. Getting Started with Scripting.
10. Reporting with Grouped Data.
III. DEVELOPER TECHNIQUES.
11. Developing for Multi-User Deployment.
12. Implementing Security.
13. Advanced Layout Techniques.
14. Specialized Calculation Functions.
15. Advanced Scripting.
16. Working with Portals.
18. Converting Systems from Previous Versions of FileMaker Pro.
IV. DATA INTEGRATION AND PUBLISHING.
19. Importing Data into FileMaker Pro.
20. Getting Data Out of FileMaker.
21. Instant Web Publishing.
22. FileMaker and Web Services.
23. Custom Web Publishing.
V. DEPLOYING A FILEMAKER SOLUTION.
24. FileMaker Deployment Options.
25. FileMaker Server.
26. FileMaker Developer and Plug-ins.
Appendix A: Additional Resources.
Appendix B: Calculation Function Reference.
Appendix C: Script Step Reference.
Appendix D: Documenting FileMaker Pro Systems.
About Bob Bowers
Bob Bowers is a columnist and contributing editor for FileMaker Advisor magazine and has co-authored two other books: Advanced FileMaker Pro 5.5 Techniques for Developers and Advanced FileMaker Pro 6 Web Development. He is president of the Moyer Group. At the 2002 FileMaker Developer's Conference, where he is a perennial speaker, he was awarded the FileMaker Fellowship Award for "developing outstanding technical and educational resources for FileMaker."
Scott Love has been working with FileMaker at leading technology firms for over a decade. Currently a vice president with the Moyer Group, he served at MacUser/MacWEEK as an online Managing Editor, at Apple Computer as its Web Publishing Technology Evangelist, followed by directing the Technical Marketing team at Macromedia. He has written dozens of feature and review articles on FileMaker and Internet/Web topics for a wide range of computer publications, including Macworld magazine.
Chris Moyer has been designing and implementing database solutions for Fortune 500 companies for more than 13 years. He is CEO of the Moyer Group. Before founding the Moyer Group in 1995, he worked as a Sales Engineer for the Claris Corporation (now FileMaker, Inc.). He was one of three trainers selected by Claris to train the FileMaker developer community in the United States and abroad when FileMaker 3.0 was released. Chris subsequently authored Special Edition Using FileMaker Pro 3 for Macintosh. In 1998, he was awarded the FileMaker Solutions Alliance Award of Excellence. Chris is a co-author of Advanced FileMaker Pro 5.5 Techniques for Developers. Today Chris serves as a technical editor for FileMaker Advisor magazine and is a regular presenter at the FileMaker Developer Conference.