Short Stories in Dutch for Beginners : Read for pleasure at your level, expand your vocabulary and learn Dutch the fun way!
"I love Olly's work - and you will too!" - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Dutch for Beginners has been written especially for students from beginner to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to A2-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you, and give you a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
* Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
* Controlled language at your level, including the 1000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
* Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
* Pleasure! It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
* Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including
* A glossary for bolded words in each text
* A bilingual word list
* Full plot summary
* Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Dutch for Beginners will make learning Dutch easy and enjoyable.
- Paperback | 256 pages
- 129 x 198mm
- 05 Dec 2019
- Hodder & Stoughton General Division
- John Murray Learning
- London, United Kingdom
Other books in this series
05 Dec 2019
05 Dec 2019
05 Dec 2019
Olly's advice on language learning is the real deal, and I recommend you pay attention to what he has to say! - Benny Lewis, Fluent in 3 Months
When we wanted to create a free online course on how to learn a language we asked Olly to write it with us. - Dr Tita Beaven, The Open University
Learning a language is challenging, but it's one of the best things you can do for your brain and your learning skill set... Olly Richards is doing some seriously incredible work to empower more and more people to rise to the challenge. - - Jonathan Levi, Entrepreneur and Lifehacker
Olly bridges the gap between theory and practice by helping you to use scientific principles to get real results with your language learning.
- Anthony Metivier, Magnetic Memory Method
Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
About Olly Richards
With no exposure to languages growing up, and no special talent to speak of, he had to figure out how to learn a foreign language from scratch. Fifteen years later, Olly has studied ten languages and has decided to reveal how he accomplished his goal of learning foreign languages quickly.
Although he started the I Will Teach You A Language blog in order to document his latest language learning experiments, his useful and actionable writing quickly transformed the blog into one of the most popular sources of language learning advice on the web. He now produces language books and courses across a variety of mediums with the goal of helping other people to successfully learn a new language.