In Search of Understanding : The Case for Constructivist Classrooms
- Paperback | 136 pages
- 149.86 x 226.06 x 10.16mm | 204.12g
- 08 Jan 2001
- Pearson Education (US)
- Upper Saddle River, NJ, United States
- Special ed.
Other books in this series
27 Apr 2004
01 Jul 2008
Table of contents
I. THE CALL FOR CONSTRUCTIVISM.
1. Honoring the Learning Process.
2. Considering the Possibilities.
3. Coming to Know One's World.
II. SOME GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF CONSTRUCTIVISM.
4. Posing Problems of Emerging Relevance to Students.
5. Structuring Learning around Primary Concepts: The Quest for Essence.
6. Seeking and Valuing Students' Points of View.
7. Adapting Curriculum to Address Students' Suppositions.
8. Assessing Student Learning in the Context of Teaching.
III. CREATING CONSTRUCTIVIST SETTINGS.
9. Becoming a Constructivist Teacher.
10. Pursuing Meaningful Victories.