The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures
- Paperback | 848 pages
- 213 x 271 x 38mm | 2,280g
- 18 May 2015
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- New York, United States
- Student edition
- Student Edition, 9th Edition
Other books in this series
18 May 2015
30 Mar 2015
Back cover copy
'Amazing must have BIBLE for every student nurse and nurse.'
'The best investment I've ever made and will be useful for many, many years.'
'This book is perfect to learn about a variety of clinical procedures to help you improve your practice, making it safe and ensuring it is evidence based.'
The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures has been the number one choice for nurses since it first published over 30 years ago. One of the world's most popular books on clinical skills and procedures, it provides detailed procedure guidelines based on the latest research findings and expert
clinical advice, enabling nurses and students to deliver clinically effective, patient-focused care. The ninth edition of this essential, definitive guide, written especially for pre-registration nursing students, now includes a range of new learning features throughout each chapter that have been designed to support student nurses in clinical practice. Providing essential information on over 150 procedures, this manual contains all the skills and changes in practice that reflect modern acute nursing care.
Learning features in the book include:
- Check your knowledge - lets you check how much you know about the topic already.
- Learning in practice - asks you to consider issues within your practice environment.
- Case studies - provide learning around a particular patient case.
- Scenarios - challenge you to think how you would act in a given situation.
- Key point boxes - highlight the essential points to remember.
- Learning exercises - test yourself after each chapter.
A companion website to this title is available at
Here you'll find a range of resources for both the student and the lecturer, including:
- Interactive multiple choice questions
- 'Drag and drop' sequencing exercises
- References from the book
Table of contents
About Lisa Dougherty
Sara Lister, RN, PGDAE, BSc (Hons), MSc, MBACP, Assistant Chief Nurse/Head of School, The Royal Marsden School of Cancer Nursing & Rehabilitation, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Alex West-Oram, Programme Leader, The Royal Marsden School of Cancer Nursing & Rehabilitation, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust