The Rough Guide to Oman (Travel Guide)
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the historic quarter of Old Muscat or plot your route along the Rustaq Loop without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Oman's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Muscat; the Hajar mountains; Nizwa; Al Hamra; Al Batinah; Seeb; Barka; the Rustaq Loop; the Musandam peninsula;Khasab; Sharqiya; Sur; Saiq Plateau; Dhofar.
Attractions include: Sultan Qaboos Mosque; Jebel Shams; Jabrin Fort; Khor ash Sham; Jebel Harim; Ras al Jinz; Wahiba Sands; souks; wadis.
Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, and more.
Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, wildlife and recommended books, with a useful language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Oman
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our "tell it like it is" attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we've published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
- Paperback | 384 pages
- 129.54 x 195.58 x 12.7mm | 272.16g
- 01 Dec 2018
- Apa Publications
- ROUGH GUIDES
- London, United Kingdom
- 2nd Revised edition
Other books in this series
01 Feb 2019
01 Dec 2018
26 Jul 2019