The Rough Guide to Greece (Travel Guide)
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate Athens' bazaar area or plan your island-hopping route without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Greece's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Areas covered include: Athens, the Peloponnese, the Pelion peninsula, the Pindhos Mountains, Thessaloniki, Mount Olympus, Macedonia, the Argo-Saronic Islands, the Cyclades, Crete, the Dodecanese, the East and North Aegean islands, the Sporades and Evvia, the Ionian Islands.
- Attractions include: the Acropolis, the Parthenon, Tower of the Winds, Temple of Poseidon, Stavros Niarchos Cultural Centre, National Archeological Museum, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, the Meteora, Vikos Gorge, Mount Olympus, Prespa lakes, Mount Athos, Temple of Aphaea, Delos, Caldera of Santorini, Knossos, Samaria Gorge, Lindos Acropolis, National Marine Park of Alonissos-Northern Sporades, and more.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, archeology, wildlife, music and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Paperback | 840 pages
- 132.08 x 198.12 x 35.56mm | 771.11g
- 09 Jun 2018
- APA Publications
- Rough Guides
- London, United Kingdom
- 15th Revised edition
Other books in this series
01 Apr 2019
25 Jul 2018
18 Apr 2017
20 Mar 2018
16 May 2017
01 Jun 2017
15 Nov 2016
01 Jan 2019
09 Jun 2018
25 Jul 2018
01 Nov 2019
28 Feb 2020
01 Aug 2018
About Rough Guides