Rock Guitar for Dummies
Here's a sampling of the topics covered in Rock Guitar For Dummies: * How electric guitars and amplifiers work Choosing the right guitar and amp for you, and how to care for them Left-hand and right-hand guitar techniques * The different styles of rock guitar playing * Creating great riffs * The history of rock guitar * Buying accessories for your new toy * Top Ten lists of the guitarists you should listen to, the rock albums you must have, and the classic guitars you should know about Rock Guitar For Dummies also comes with a CD that includes audio of every example shown in the book, plus play-along tracks with a band. So, if you consider yourself an air guitar virtuoso and would like to try the real thing, Rock Guitar For Dummies can help you on your way to becoming an accomplished guitarist.
- CD-ROM | 384 pages
- 185.42 x 231.14 x 25.4mm | 612.35g
- 15 Oct 2001
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Foster City, United States
- 1. Auflage
Other books in this series
02 Nov 2010
29 Jan 2013
17 May 2010
06 May 2013
25 May 2010
01 May 2007
Mixed media product
09 Oct 2012
16 Nov 2015
02 Dec 2009
13 Jan 2012
15 Jul 2013
24 Jan 2012
28 Apr 2014
Back cover copy
Includes rock, metal, hip-hop, and more!
Your ultimate guide to playing rock guitar -- get ready to rock and roll!
Whether you're contemplating a career as a heavy metal superstar or you just want to jam with friends, this friendly book-and-CD package make it easy to master the fundamentals of rock guitar. From simple chord progression to smokin' rock riffs, Rock Guitar For Dummies delivers just what you need to get down and groove!
Discover how to:
* Strum power chords and rhythm figures
* Improve solos and play lead guitar
* Play licks, from rockabilly to rap rock
* Explore the mechanics of guitars, amps, and effects
* Care and maintain all your gear
included on the audio CD
Play along with:
* Blues- and early rock-based lead passage
* A variety of rock styles, including classic rock, heavy metal, southern rock, and progressive rock
* Rock licks using techniques such as hammer-ons, pull-offs, bends, and slides
* And more!
Get Smart! www.dummies.com
* Sign up for daily eTips at wwww.dummiesdaily.com
* Choose from among 33 different subject categories
* Get news you can use on everything from money to health to computers
Table of contents
About Jon Chappell