This revised, updated and expanded new edition of The Road to Somewhere will help you to acquire the craft and disciplines needed to develop as a writer in today's world. It is ideal for anyone - student writers, writing teachers and seasoned authors - seeking practical guidance, new ideas and creative inspiration.
The Road to Somewhere: A Creative Writing Companion, second edition offers:
- new chapters on writing for digital media, flash fiction, memoir, style and taking your writing out into the world
- updated chapters on fiction, scripts, poetry, and experimental forms
- an examination of creative processes and advice on how to read as a writer
- many practical exercises and useable course materials
- extensive references and suggestions for further reading
- information on how to get work published or produced, in real and virtual worlds
- tips on how to set up and run writing workshops and groups
- a complete Agony Aunt section to help with blocks and barriers
- guidance on the more technical aspects of writing such as layout and grammar.
And, to lighten your writing journey a little, we've tried to make this second edition even wittier and smarter than the first. So whether you see yourself as a published professional or a dedicated dabbler, this is the book to take along for the ride.show more