Report of the Mine Inspection Division and the Mine Rescue Station, Labor Department, State of Kansas

Report of the Mine Inspection Division and the Mine Rescue Station, Labor Department, State of Kansas

List price: US$14.14

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1914 edition. Excerpt: ... it fell without warning and that it would show no indications of being loose before it fell. A number of witnesses testified to the fact that Mr. Rantin was a good careful workman. 23. Harry Weaver, miner, burned by premature explosion of shot in mine No. 47, Central Coal and Coke Company, located two miles northeast of Frontenac, on April 2, 1913. We found that Mr. Weaver, who had been working in a room off the main east in this mine, was tamping a shot, when it went off. He was so badly burned and otherwise injured that he died three davs later. 24. A. Civio, killed by fall of rock, mine No. 11, Cherokee and Pittsburg Coal and Mining Company, located five miles north of Pittsburg, on April 29, 1913. The rock measured 8 feet 4 inches long by 4 feet 8 inches wide, and varied in thickness from 3 inches to 6 inches. The indications were that Civio had been mining a shot when the rock fell. 25. John Tunis, miner, killed by fall of rock, mine No. 14, Crowe Coal and Mining Company, located at Croweburg. May 31, 1913. On investigation and examination of witnesses I found that the rock which fell on deceased was 10 feet long, 4 feet 2 inches wide and 4 inches thick on one side, running to a feather edge on the other. The rock broke off at a row of props on one side and at a slip that ran along on the opposite side. Tunis was killed instantly. 26. Frank Coffey, carpenter, killed by being struck by a heavy tipple timber at mine No. 14, Sheridan Coal Company, located three miles northwest of Croweburg, on June 7, 1913. Mr. Coffey had charge of the con-, struction work at the new mine of the Sheridan Coal Company. From our investigation and the statement of the witnesses it seems that they had been unloading timbers and other material from a railroad car...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 44 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 2mm | 95g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • Miami Fl, United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 123664235X
  • 9781236642356