Report of the Iowa State Traveling Library; Made to the Governor of Iowa for the Biennial Period ... Volume 3

Report of the Iowa State Traveling Library; Made to the Governor of Iowa for the Biennial Period ... Volume 3

List price: US$15.84

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks


This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1907 edition. Excerpt: ... books for circulation called the "Howe's library"; the Daughters of the American Revolution library of 80 volumes_for reference, and many valuable sets of books and magazines from patrons. Effort has been made by the librarian to bring the school and library into closer relationship. Teachers' cards are issued. The work of the children's room is separate from the main library and in charge of a special attendant. Two rooms on the second floor of the building have been furnished and are used by an historical and musical club of the city. The Ministers' Club and the County Medical Association hold their meetings in the building. The interest manifested in the library by the clubs, teachers and pupils has been gratifying! A loan exhibition of pictures attracted many visitors to the library and at the time of the exhibit the library received a gift of a fine painting from Mr. Moulton, "The Eviction," by Gasperini, valued at $1,500. COLFAX. An offer of $5,000.00 was made by Mr. Andrew Carnegie in 1905 for the erection of a library building but it has not been possible for an agreement to be reached regarding a suitable site, and consequently the gift has not been accepted. Miss Floretta Ogan resigned as librarian in the spring of 1905, and was succeeded by Miss Mary B. Woodworth, who has recently been succeeded by Miss Josephine B. Logsdon. ' CORNING. Growth and progress is shown in every department of the public library. A trained organizer was employed during the summer of 1905 to assist in installing a catalog. The walls were re-tinted and new shelving added. The reference department is being enlarged and strengthened and now offers better facilities for reference work than ever before. more

Product details

  • Paperback | 24 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 1mm | 64g
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236813014
  • 9781236813015