The Raven Cycle #1: The Raven Boys
His name is Gansey, a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul whose emotions range from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.
- Hardback | 416 pages
- 146.3 x 215.65 x 35.05mm | 530.7g
- 01 Oct 2012
- Scholastic US
- New York, United States
Other books in this series
01 Oct 2012
01 Jan 2015
05 Mar 2018
18 Sep 2012
* "Masterful. Like nothing else out there now." - Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "An utterly compelling read." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Filling it with loving descriptions of wet, wind-tossed Thisby as well as exciting equine action, Stiefvater has created a thrilling backdrop for the love story that blooms...A book appealing to lovers of fantasy, horse stories, romance, and actionadventure alike, this seems to have a shot at being a YA blockbuster." - School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver trilogy:
* "A lyrical tale of alienated werewolves and first love....Stiefvater skillfully increases the tension throughout; her take on werewolves is interesting and original while her characters are refreshingly willing to use their brains to deal with the challenges they face." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Readers will be able to enjoy Stiefvater's fast-paced storytelling and dedication to the old-fashioned art of creating a believable and enduring romance. Shiver is beautifully written, even poetic at times, and a perfect indulgence for readers of all ages." - Bookpage.com
"This riveting narrative, impossible to put down, is not only an excellent addition to the current fangs and fur craze, but is also a beautifully written romance that, along with Shiver, will have teens clamoring for the third and final entry." - VOYA
About Maggie Stiefvater