- New information contained in each edition, such as:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex had an excellent sense of smell
- Velociraptors could run 40 mph, faster than previously thought
- Apatosaurus are now thought to have had football-shaped heads
- A complete glossary of important words is included.
- Key words are bold faced throughout the text.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Science Standards
- C-1. The Characteristics of Organisms: a. Organisms have basic needs.
- C-2. Life Cycles of Organisms: a. Plants and animals have life cycles that include being born, developing into adults, reproducing, and eventually dying.
Earth and Space Science
- D-1. Properties of earth materials: c. Fossils provide evidence about animals that lived long ago and the nature of the environment at that time.
Science and Technology
- E-2. understanding science and technology: e. Tools help scientists make better obsrvations, measurements, and equipment for investigations.show more