Matlin's PSYCHOLOGY, Third Edition emphasizes both the scientific research and the applications to daily life. The third edition is a major revision, offering in-depth research as well as solid organization, memorable examples, useful pedagogy, and sensitive coverage of ethnicity, gender and diversity issues.
- Hardback | 800 pages
- 222 x 280 x 32mm | 1,818.93g
- 19 Aug 1998
- Cengage Learning, Inc
- Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Belmont, CA, United States
- 3rd Revised edition
- illustrations, (some colour ) portraits
Table of contents
1. Introduction. 2. Research Methods in Psychology. 3. Biopsychology. 4 Sensation and Perception. 5. States of Consciousness. 6. Learning. 7. Memory. 8. Thinking and Intelligence. 9. Language and Conversation. 10. Development in Infancy and Early Childhood. 11. Development from Adolescence through Old Age. 12. Motivation and Emotion. 13. Theories of Personality. 14. Psychological Disorders. 15. Treating Psychological Disorders. 16. Social Cognition. 17. Social Influence. 18. Healthy Psychology, Stress and Coping. Appendix.
"Margaret Matlin currently holds the title of Distinguished Teaching Professor of Psychology at SUNY Geneseo, where she has taught courses in the Psychology of Women for 28 years. Dr. Matlin has been honored with several major teaching awards, including the State University of New York Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, the American Psychological Association Teaching of Psychology Award for four-year institutions, the American Psychological Foundation's Distinguished Teaching in Psychology Award in 1995, and the Society for the Psychology of Women's Heritage Award in 2001 for lifetime contributions to the teaching of the psychology of women."