Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach : A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series
Accurately identify all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs with this comprehensive, "one-stop" resource whose last edition was named "Medical Textbook of the Year" by the Royal Society of Medicine/Society of Authors in 2005.
Easily Grasp important concepts thanks to a consistent presentation of key information on each disease and disorder: etiology . pathogenesis . clinical features . pathologic features . differential diagnosis.
Apply practical advice and tips from world-recognized experts, including many time-saving diagnostic clues for interpreting difficult specimens.
Improve the accuracy and completeness of your pathology reports with relevant clinical background information and ancillary radiographs, summary tables, charts, and graphs to simplify reference and to facilitate "at-a-glance" comparison between entities.
Use pattern recognition to interpret complex diagnostic puzzles with assistance from key morphologic patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions.
Get answers fast! A unique "visual index" directs you to the exact chapters and specific pages you need for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
Stay current with a new chapter on pulmonary CT patterns written by two world-renowned thoracic radiologists; the latest lung cancer staging scheme in reference to therapy with biological agents; new concepts in bronchioloalveolar carcinoma diagnosis; an expanded discussion of neoplasms of the lung and pleura, with inclusion of recently-described entities; and many other timely updates.
Access the fully searchable text anywhere, anytime at expertconsult.com, along with references, downloadable images, and self-assessment modules at the end of each chapter.
The new edition of the award winning Practical Pulmonary Pathology delivers practical, hands-on information to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in lung pathology using pattern recognition.
- Hardback | 864 pages
- 222 x 281 x 40.64mm | 2,744.23g
- 08 Sep 2011
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- W B Saunders Co Ltd
- London, United Kingdom
- 2nd Revised edition
- Approx. 1320 illustrations (1320 in full color)
Other books in this series
16 Jan 2018
22 Jul 2016
20 Dec 2017
31 Mar 2017
08 Nov 2017
Table of contents
2. Optimal Processing of Diagnostic Lung Specimens
3. Computed Tomography of Diffuse Lung Diseases and Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
4. Developmental and Pediatric Lung Disease
5. Acute Lung Injury
6. Lung Infections
7. Chronic Diffuse Lung Diseases
8. Non-neoplastic Pathology of the Large and Small Airways
10. Pulmonary Vasculitis and Pulmonary Hemorrhage
11. Pulmonary Hypertension
12. Pathology of Lung Transplantation
13. Neuroendocrine Neoplasms of the Lung
14. Sarcomas and Sarcomatoid Neoplasms of the Lung and Pleura
15. Pulmonary Pathology: Hematolymphoid Disorders
16. Non-neuroendocrine Carcinomas (Excluding "Sarcomatoid" Carcinoma) and Salivary Gland Analogue Tumors of the Lung
17. Metastatic Tumors in the Lung: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis
18. Pseudoneoplastic Lesions of the Lungs and Pleura
19. Benign and borderline tumors of the lungs and pleura
20. Malignant and Borderline Mesothelial Tumors of the Pleura
Appendix: Miscellaneous Distinctive Histopathologic Findings
The new edition of the award winning Practical Pulmonary Pathology delivers practical, hands-on information to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in lung pathology using breakthrough pattern recognition. The added self-assessment questions will be useful to pathologists in their maintenance of certification and as a reflection of their mastery of the information in the book.-SirReadAlot.org