The Photoshop Elements 15 Book for Digital Photographers
This book breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that's never been done before-it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It's not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure things out on your own. Instead, it does something that virtually no other Elements book has ever done-it tells you flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
If you're looking for one of those "tell-me-everything-about-the-Unsharp-Mask-filter" books, this isn't it. You can grab any other Elements book on the shelf, because they all do that. Instead, this book gives you the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharp?ening, retouching, and printing your photos like a pro. You'll be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are-once you know the secrets.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of digital photographers and, almost without exception, they have the same questions and face the same problems-that's exactly what he covers in this book. You'll learn:
* How to unlock the power of layers (you'll be amazed at how easy it is!)
* How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs, TIFFs, and PSDs too! (And you'll learn why so many pros like it best-because it's faster and easier)
* The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there's an entire chapter just on this!)
* How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including brightening people in dark shadows and getting the best color possible
* The most requested photographic special effects, and much more!
THE BOOK'S SECRET WEAPON
Although Elements 15 offers some digital photography features that Photoshop CC doesn't offer, there are plenty of features that Photoshop CC has that Elements 15 doesn't (like channels, HDR, etc.). But in this book, you'll learn some slick work?arounds, cheats, and fairly ingenious ways to replicate many of those Photo?shop features right within Elements. Plus, you can download a bonus chapter on portrait retouching and all the images used in the book, from the book's companion webpage.
Since this book is designed for photographers, it doesn't waste your time talking about what a pixel is, how to frame a shot or set your exposure, etc., and there's no talk about which camera or printer to buy. It's all Elements, step by step, cover to cover, in the only book of its kind, and you're gonna love it!
- Paperback | 384 pages
- 205 x 255 x 10mm | 916g
- 30 Jan 2017
- Pearson Education (US)
- New Riders Publishing
- United States
Other books in this series
27 Jun 2014
18 Aug 2020
16 Dec 2010
17 Dec 2015
04 Dec 2012
22 Mar 2012
05 Apr 2012
Table of contents
2. Raw and Un-Kutt: the essentials of camera
3. Beyond the Reach: camera raw-beyond the basics
4. Scream of the Crop: how to resize and crop photos
5. Radio Edit: which mode do I use: quick, guided, or expert?
6. Layers of Light: working with layers
7. Problem Child: fixing common problems
8. Natural Selection: selection techniques
9. Remove: removing unwanted objects
10. Special Edition: special effects for photographers
11. Sharp Tale: sharpening techniques
12. Print: printing, color management, and my Elements 15 workflow
About Scott Kelby
Scott is a photographer, designer, and award-winning author of more than 80 books, including Photoshop for Lightroom Users, Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop, Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image, The Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers, and The Best of The Digital Photography Book Series.
For the past six years, Scott has been honored with the distinction of being the #1 best-selling author of photography technique books. His book, The Digital Photography Book, part 1, is now the best-selling book on digital photography in history. His books have been translated into dozens of different languages, including Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Taiwanese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Arabic, Swedish, Turkish, Hebrew, and Portuguese, among others. He is a recipient of the prestigious ASP International Award, presented annually by the American Society of Photographers for "...contributions in a special or significant way to the ideals of Professional Photography as an art and a science." And, he's also a recent recipient of the prestigious HIPA Award for his contributions to photography education worldwide.
Scott is Training Director for the official Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour and Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo. He's a frequent speaker at conferences and trade shows around the world, is featured in a series of online learning courses at KelbyOne.com, and has been training Photoshop users and photographers since 1993.