The Perkiomen Region, Past and Present Volume 1

The Perkiomen Region, Past and Present Volume 1

By (author) 

List price: US$6.26

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1895 edition. Excerpt: ...in to see me? Yours sincerely, J. F. Hartranft. Old Qoshenhoppen Church, Erected in 1744. Mr. William J. Buck deserves the thanks of local historians and all lovers of local antiquities for making a drawing of the first Old Goshenhoppen church before it was dismantled in 1858. In our last number he tells in an entertaining way how he came to make a view of the building. He kindly permitted us to use the engraving made from his sketch of the ancient landmark. This house of worship was built in 1744, (not 1774, as misprinted, ) and had therefore served the Reformed and Lutheran congregations one hundred and fourteen years, when it was taken down to make way for a new edifice. Leisure Hour Poems, by Charles K. Meschter, of Worcester, Pa, is a volume of thirty pages, issued from the press of A. E. Dambly's Estate, Skippack Pa. Its author, the son of G. K. Meschter the widely-known physician, is a student at the University of Pennsylvania. Several of the poems, such as Fair Worcester and The Maple by the Spring, touch upon home scenes; and a number are devoted to college subjects. We extend congratulations to the young author. The Patent to the Frankfort Company. On the 12th of November, 1686, a company was formed by residents of the city of Frankfort-on-the-Main, in Germany, for the management of twenty-five thousand acres of land in the Province of Pennsylvania, which they had purchased of William Penn. The names of the members of the company were: Jacob Van de Wallen, Daniel Behagel, Johann Jacob Schutz, Johann Wilhelm Eberfeld, Francis Daniel Pastorius, Johann Wilhelm Petersen, Dr. Gerhard Van Mastricht, Dr. Thomas Van Willich, Johannes LeBrun, Balthazar Jawert and Johannes Kembler. The name given the organization was The Frankfort Company....show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 122 pages
  • 188.98 x 246.13 x 6.6mm | 231.33g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 123685960X
  • 9781236859600