Part I: Medieval Peasantry: Origins and Development:.
1. The Foundations of the Medieval Peasantry.
2. The Transformations in the High Middle Ages.
Part II: Patterns of Peasant Settlement and Dwelling, 1000-1400:.
3. Nature and Environment, Clearance and Settlement.
4. Changes in the Village.
5. Peasant House and Holding.
Part III: Peasant Clothing, Food and Work, 1000-1400:.
6. Clothing and Food.
7. Agricultural Implements, Land Utilization and Agrarian Development.
8. Peasant Labour and Economy.
Part IV: Social Patterns, 1000-1400:.
9. Neighbourhood and Village Community.
10. Peasant Family and Kinship.
11. The Social Stratification of the Peasant Population.
Part V: Manorial Relations and Law, 1000-1400:.
12. Manorial Dependence.
13. Peasant Freedom and Independent Peasant Communities.
14. Peasant Revolts and Resistance, 1000-1400.
Part VI: The Upheavals of the Late Middle Ages:.
15. The Peasants and the Agrarian Crisis.