Palm OS Programming Bible : Programming Bible
The Best Books of 2018
- Paperback | 946 pages
- 188 x 236.2 x 48.3mm | 1,338.11g
- 10 Oct 2002
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Foster City, United States
- 2nd Revised edition
Looking for beautiful books?
Other books in this series
17 Mar 2015
08 May 2012
14 Apr 2017
Back cover copy
-JB Parrett, Principal Software Developer, PalmSource, Inc.
* Capture the capabilities of Palm OS 5, VFS, and DeveloperStudio
* Master the revolutionary features of today's hot new handhelds
* Unlock the secrets of synchronization, networking, and wireless transfer
If the Palm OS can do it, you can do it too . . .
Unleash the full power of the Palm OS with the newest tools, code, and applications! This fully revised and updated volume lets you command the enhanced capabilities of Palm OS versions 4 and 5. You'll learn to transfer data via Bluetooth and SMS as well as infrared beaming, unravel the mysteries of TCP/IP communication through the Palm OS net library, gain skill in handling user input through the increasingly popular one-handed navigation hardware, and create applications using the highly acclaimed Falch.net DeveloperStudio. Whether you're new to Palm OS programming or a veteran seeking the latest options for your customers, this definitive guide covers everything you need to know for programming Palm OS handhelds.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Palm OS programming
* Create applications with DeveloperStudio, CodeWarrior, and PRC-Tools
* Manage data on removable memory cards with Virtual File System
* Program third-party handhelds and resolve hardware differences
* Develop conduits using new code samples
* Master new methods of wireless data transfer
* Explore navigation wheels, sampled sound, and high-resolution displays
* Exterminate bugs with Palm OS Simulator and Palm Reporter
* Adapt older apps with PACE
Table of contents
About Lennon R. Foster