- A comprehensive examination of the risks and physical and emotional effects of alcoholism, especially among today's youth.
- Offers a To Find Out More section, glossary, and index.
Curriculum Standards: Grades 9-12 Health
- Understands the short-and long-term consequences of safe, risky, and harmful behaviors.
- Understands the role of denial as a negative influence on mental and emotional health, and ways to overcome denial and seek assistance when needed.
- Knows the short-and long-term effects associated with the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs on reproduction, pregnancy, and the health of children.
- Knows how the abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs often plays a role in dangerous behavior and can have adverse consequences on the community (e.g., house fires, motor vehicle crashes, domestic violence, date rape, transmission of diseases through needle sharing or sexual activity).
- Understands that alcohol, tobacco, and other drug dependencies are treatable diseases/conditions.show more