Newborough, Staffordshire

Newborough, Staffordshire

Edited by 

List price: US$38.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks


Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Newborough is a village and civil parish in the county of Staffordshire, in the country of England and is located three miles south west of Hanbury and eight miles west of Burton-upon-Trent. Newborough has a pub, a school and a church. The population has significantly changed over time, however as of the 2001 UK Census, the population stood at 450, comprising 226 males and 224 females.Agardsely was the original name for Newborough. In the Domesday Book, it is recorded as Edgareslege, meaning 'Eadger's leah' or 'Eadger's clearing in the woodland'. It was not until 1263 that the village was renamed to Newborough, after the 6th Earl of Derby, Robert de Ferrers, created a new borough.
show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 64 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 104g
  • Sent Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 6136227436
  • 9786136227436