Never Search Alone : The Job Seeker's Playbook
So Often Fail
to Build Careers
They Really Love?
Based on 25 years of experience working with thousands of leaders - from early-career product managers to CEOs - Never Search Alone gives readers a time-tested, multi-step process (with exercises, tools, and templates) to find the right job now.
Three breakthrough ideas animate Never Search Alone:
1. Job Search Council - Because your emotional balance is the most important thing you need to manage in the job search, you need a support group of fellow job seekers that will help turn your insecurity and anxiety into hope, motivation, and accountability.
2. Candidate-Market Fit - You are the 'product' in a job search. Thus, before you begin networking and interviewing, you need to identify precisely what you want and what the market wants. This key step will help you figure out the intersection of your hopes, dreams, and market realities.
3. Four Legs to the Negotiations Stool - Never Search Alone shows you how to interview and then negotiate for the four key things that will set you up to succeed in your new job: salary, budget, resources, and support.
To accelerate your career and make your dreams more achievable, Never Search Alone.
- Hardback | 272 pages
- 152 x 229 x 19mm | 553g
- 13 Sep 2022
- Collaborative Gain Inc
- Marty Cagan, Silicon Valley Product Group
"Helped me find the right job for moving my career forward."
- Corleen Heidgerken, Director of Product, Glassdoor
"A secret unlock to the job marketplace."
- Pedraum Pardehpoosh, Director of Product, Airbnb
"This groundbreaking book is required reading for every job seeker."
- Amy Edmondson, Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management, Harvard Business School
"This book helped me land my first full-time job. I'll revisit this throughout my career."
- Maslyn P., University of Virginia Class of 2022
"This should be your fi rst step in your next job search!"
- Charlie Herrin, President, Technology, Product and Experience, Comcast
"Read Never Search Alone. You will be far better off for it."
- Michael Newton, VP Product, Nike
"This book's step-by-step approach will change your career - and life."
- Andy Cerio, VP Product, Target
"A practical roadmap for charting your future."
- Loren Mayor, COO, World Wildlife Fund